Muslim Extremists were the problem with 9/11.
Every religion has their own problem causing extremists, Christianity included.
"Normal" Christians denounce their extremists, just the same as normal Muslims denounce their extremists.
Grouping all Muslims into the extremist category is as irrational as saying all Christians are like Jim Jones, or Branch Dividians, or Heavens Gate, etc. and all it accomplishes is spreading hate and ignorance.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
That being said, it actually may be in their best interest to back off those plans considering the anti-Islamic atmosphere in the US because of that location.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
I said no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to build it there, read a little.
I did read it...same reason that they shouldn't be allowed. Set up for catastophe.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
If you don't think there will be security at the place, you're crazy. The other side shouldn't be acting just like the terrorists who took down the towers.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
First off, I'd like to see Muslims and Christians come together. We Christians are supposed to love after all.
Second, I have to point out that there wouldn't be a fraction of an issue if a church were built because the men who flew those planes were radical Muslims. I know not all Muslims tick the way Al Quaeda does but because of the Muslim part of their terrorist identity it would be a big slap in the face.
If there were Christians who went to China and blew buildings up and some of the Chinese wanted a church built I would oppose it too.
It's just disrespectful to the victims and families.
If one wants to build a mosque elsewhere in the US then I'm all for it. The First Ammendment gives them that right.
Bookmarks